For this quick Thai curry recipe, we’ve combined tofu and plenty of veggies with a flavorful sauce made with red curry paste, lime juice and coconut milk. Serve the curry over lightly warmed zucchini noodles to get even more veggies in your weeknight dinner. Bonus: Everything is cooked in one skillet, so there’s only one pan to wash after dinner.”
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 (10 ounce) packages zucchini noodles
- 1Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat tofu dry and add to pan. Cook in a single layer, without stirring, until the pieces turn golden, about 4 minutes. Gently stir and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until golden all over, 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, garlic and salt in a small bowl.
- 3Add avocado oil, mushrooms and scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms have released their liquid and started to brown, about 5 minutes. Add kale, the sauce mixture and the tofu and cook, stirring, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened and the tofu is heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Add zucchini noodles to the pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the curry over the noodles.