Ratatouille is normally served as a main dish but here it’s served with pita chips and enjoyed as an appetizer. It’s made in the slow cooker so if you’re serving it at a party just leave it in the cooker on warm while your guests dig in!”
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces pita chips
- 1Stir together tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, and bell pepper in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on High for 1 hour. Stir in thyme, garlic powder, and ground pepper. Turn to Low and cook for 30 minutes more.
- 3Using a potato masher, crush the vegetable mixture to a chunky consistency. Stir in Parmesan. Stir occasionally while serving with pita chips.