- 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons jarred pimientos, drained and chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ½ medium zucchini, very thinly sliced (about ⅔ cup total)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat bagel thins, split and lightly toasted
- 1Beat the cottage cheese in a small bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until nearly smooth. Stir in Cheddar, yogurt, shallot, pimientos, and paprika until combined.
- 2Arrange half of the zucchini and half of the tomato slices on the cut sides of the bottom halves of the bagel thins. Spread the pimiento mixture evenly on top of the tomatoes. Starting with the remaining tomatoes, arrange the remaining tomato and zucchini slices evenly on top of the pimiento mixture. Add the bagel tops. Serve immediately, or to serve later, wrap each sandwich in parchment paper, tucking in the ends (see Tip).
- Tip: To tote, store each parchment-wrapped sandwiches in an airtight container. Place containers in insulated lunch boxes. Add cooler packs to lunch boxes or store lunch boxes in the refrigerator. Serve the sandwiches within 5 hours.
- Equipment: Parchment paper