- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar (see Tip)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons light butter with canola oil, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Place four 8- to 10-ounce individual casseroles or baking dishes on a baking sheet. Divide pear and Cheddar among the baking dishes, arranging the slices alternately and cutting to fit as needed.
- 2Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter until combined. Sprinkle over the pear-cheese mixture.
- 3Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Tip: If using a sugar substitute, we recommend Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Nutrition Per Serving with Substitute: same as below, except 196 calories, 22 g carbohydrate, 10 g total sugar.