- 2 (12 ounce) packages Arborio rice (3½ cups)
- ¾ cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1To make the dry risotto mix: Combine uncooked rice, dried tomatoes, dried minced onion, Italian seasoning, and dried minced garlic in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture among eight small resealable plastic bags (about ½ cup mixture per bag). Seal and label. Store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
- 2To make 4 side-dish servings of hot risotto: Bring 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth to boiling. Add the contents of 1 bag of the Herb & Tomato Risotto Mix. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, adding 1 cup desired frozen mixed vegetables for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. After standing, the rice should be tender but slightly firm. If desired, stir in 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Season to taste with ground pepper.