- 1½ cups rolled oats (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2Pulse oats in a blender until finely ground. Add baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; pulse once or twice to blend. Add zucchini, eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla; puree until smooth. (The batter will be wet.) Stir in chocolate chips, if using. Fill the prepared muffin cups.
- 3Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Tip: People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.