- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound carrots, preferably multicolored, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk vinegar, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2Combine carrots, salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 3Roast the carrots until starting to brown and almost tender but not completely cooked through, 16 to 18 minutes. Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the carrots, and, using a spatula, toss to coat completely. Continue roasting until the carrots are tender and glazed, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts, if desired. Serve immediately.