- It might lead to persistent and continuous spinal fluid leakage. This can lead to nausea, dizziness and headaches.
- Decreased Immunity.
- It can lead to a sudden and abnormal increase in appetite.
- It might cause high blood sugar problems.
- A woman will become prone to infections.
- It might lead to stomach ulcers, cataracts and flushing.
- It may lead to avascular necrosis. This is where the bone dies and it can happen at the hip, shoulder or knees.
- It might aggravate diabetes in a patient already suffering from it.
- There is a high risk that it might cause permanent nerve damage.
- One of the other side effects include arachnoiditis. This is a very painful inflammation of the lining sac.
Having a thorough knowledge of the several epidural side effects is essential before taking one. It is clearly shown that it can have an effect on you and your baby. Always make sure you talk to your gynecologist and get a clear picture of both, the advantages and the disadvantages. Do this anytime during your last trimester. Do not wait for labor because you will not be able to make an informed decision at the last moment. All the best.