The delightful flavors of goat cheese and dried tomatoes make a spread that’s perfect on crackers for an appetizer or a snack.”
- ⅓ cup dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Boiling water
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese (chèvre)
- ½ (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- ¼ cup snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Miniature toasts and/or assorted reduced-fat crackers
- 1In a small bowl, cover dried tomatoes with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes, discarding liquid. Finely snip tomatoes.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together snipped tomatoes, goat cheese, cream cheese, basil, garlic, and pepper. Stir in enough of the milk to make mixture of spreading consistency. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours. Serve with miniature toasts and/or crackers.