This Mediterranean-inspired vegan picnic dinner features traditional fare like tabbouleh, hummus, olives and fresh fruit and vegetables. It’s perfect to pack and take along or even to serve as an easy, healthy meal at home.”
- 2 cups tabbouleh (see Tips)
- 1 cup beet hummus (see Tips)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, stem ends snapped off
- 4 radishes
- 1 cup mixed olives
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 (4 inch) whole-wheat pita breads
- ⅔ cup unsalted dry-roasted pistachios
- 4 vegan cookies (see Tips)
- 1Divide items equally among 4 plates.
- Tips: Use prepared tabbouleh, the popular middle Eastern whole-grain salad, for convenience—but if you have time, prepare our fresh-tasting Parsley Tabbouleh recipe.
- If you can’t find beet hummus at your local grocery store, try our recipe for Roasted Beet Hummus.
- Pack your favorite vegan cookies or use EatingWell’s recipe for Vegan No-Bake Cookies.
- To make ahead: Pack ingredients in separate totable containers.