Grilled salmon and veggies make for a colorful and balanced seafood dinner that’s ready in just minutes. The grill turns the salmon flaky and moist while tenderizing the crispy pepper and onion pieces. Round out the meal with brown rice or quinoa.”
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, trimmed, halved and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1¼ pounds salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 2Brush zucchini, peppers and onion with oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Sprinkle salmon with pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- 3Place the vegetables and the salmon pieces, skin-side down, on the grill. Cook the vegetables, turning once or twice, until just tender and grill marks appear, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Cook the salmon, without turning, until it flakes when tested with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4When cool enough to handle, roughly chop the vegetables and toss together in a large bowl. Remove the skin from the salmon fillets (if desired) and serve alongside the vegetables. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and serve with a lemon wedge.