Salmon is tossed with couscous, spinach, and roasted red peppers, then topped with toasted almonds for a light and easy meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.”
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained, flaked, and skin and bones removed
- 2 cups packaged fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup jarred roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
- ⅓ cup jarred tomato bruschetta topper
- 2 tablespoons purchased toasted almonds (see Tip)
- 1In a 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the water and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 2- ½ to 3 minutes or until mixture is boiling. Remove from microwave and stir in couscous; spoon salmon atop couscous mixture. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Add spinach, roasted peppers, and bruschetta topper to couscous mixture. Toss to combine. Divide mixture among four serving plates. Top with almonds. Makes 4 servings (1- ¼ cups each).