Toasted ciabatta rolls are the perfect vessel for these ham and cheese melts.”
- 2 3-ounce ciabatta rolls, split
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon 1 to 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 ounces thinly sliced lower sodium cooked ham, such as Hillshire Farm
- 2 cups thinly sliced pears
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler. Place rolls, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice; spread on rolls. In another small bowl drizzle arugula with vinegar; toss to coat. Top rolls with ham, pears, arugula, onion, cheese and, if desired, balsamic glaze.