A tangy, nutty tahini dressing brings together no-cook ingredients like canned chickpeas and roasted red peppers for these easy meal-prep lettuce wraps. Make these wraps ahead of time for a grab-and-go lunch or dinner. A few wedges of warm pita finish off the meal perfectly.”
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1½ teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots
- 12 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Whisk tahini, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and paprika in a large bowl. Add chickpeas, peppers and shallots. Toss to coat.
- 2Divide the mixture among lettuce leaves (about ⅓ cup each). Top with almonds and parsley. Wrap the lettuce leaves around the filling and serve.