These quick Mediterranean-inspired couscous bowls come together in 20 minutes thanks to healthy convenience items like frozen falafel and steam-in-bag fresh green beans. Whisk together the simple tahini sauce while the other ingredients cook.”
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen prepared falafel
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1 (16 ounce) bag steam-in-bag fresh green beans
- ½ cup Tahini Sauce (see associated recipe)
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Prepare falafel according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside.
- 3Prepare green beans according to package directions.
- 4Prepare Tahini Sauce. Divide among 4 small condiment containers with lids and refrigerate.
- 5Divide the green beans among 4 single-serving containers with lids. Top each with ½ cup couscous, one-fourth of the falafel and 1 tablespoon each olives and feta. Seal and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- 6To serve, reheat in the microwave until heated through, about 2 minutes. Dress with tahini sauce just before eating.