- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Combine oats, water and salt in a jar or bowl and stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2In the morning, heat the oats, if desired, or eat cold. Top with dates, pine nuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Tip: People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity should use oats that are labeled “gluten-free,” as oats are often cross-contaminated with wheat and barley.
- To make ahead: When prepping oatmeal the night before, measure, toast and chop ingredients for the topping.