This juicy melon salad is seasoned with fresh oregano and thyme, sumac spice and toasted sesame seeds for a bright summertime take on the Middle Eastern spice blend za’atar.”
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium cantaloupe (about 4 pounds), seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- 1Combine 4 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, sumac, oregano, thyme and salt in a small bowl.
- 2Toss cucumber with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and lime juice in a medium bowl. Arrange cantaloupe and the cucumber on a serving platter and drizzle with any liquid remaining in the bowl. Top with feta, the dressing and the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.