White tea is slightly sweeter than green or black tea, either of which can be substituted to make this low-calorie ruby-red winter iced tea drink.”
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 8 bags Celestial Seasonings® Red Zinger® herb tea
- 12 cups brewed white tea (see Tip)
- Ice cubes
- 12 fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 1To prepare the syrup: In a small saucepan stir together the sugar and water; add tea bags. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture just comes to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Carefully remove tea bags, gently squeezing to remove liquid.
- 2Divide brewed white tea between two, 2-quart pitchers. Divide syrup between pitchers. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours or until chilled. Serve over ice with a rosemary sprig as a stirring stick, if desired.
- Tip: To brew 12 cups white tea: If using loose tea, divide ½ cup (about 1- ½ ounces) tea between two large tea balls. Place tea balls, or 12 tea bags, in a large heatproof bowl or pitcher. Cover with 12 cups boiling water. Allow to stand 4 minutes. Remove tea ball or bags. Cool before refrigerating.