If you love red wine and you love chocolate, you’ll love this rich, full-flavored red-wine hot chocolate. It’s two of your favorite things together in one warm, cozy mug.”
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk, divided
- ½ cup fruity, dry red wine, such as merlot or shiraz
- 1Whisk cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Add ¼ cup milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1¾ cups milk. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, until hot, about 3 minutes. (Do not bring to a simmer.) Remove from heat and stir in wine.