Kids and adults alike will be wowed watching this delicious slush turn from blue to pink and purple in an instant. The magical concoction is made with natural blue tea (see Note) and refreshing lemonade for a fun science experiment that’s tasty too. Perfect for your child’s birthday party! (Adults may enjoy spiking their drink with a little vodka or gin.)”
- 4 teaspoons blue pea flower tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1Steep tea in boiling water for 8 minutes. Strain into a 2-cup measuring cup. Pour tea into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid.
- 2Place the frozen tea cubes in a blender and crush. Place ½ cup in each glass and pour ½ cup lemonade over the crushed ice. Watch the magic!
- Note: Learn more about natural blue tea.
- To make ahead: Freeze tea ice cubes up to 2 days ahead.