A fruity twist on a summer cocktail, this blackberry tea sangria will be a surefire hit at your next summer BBQ.”
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle bottle red wine, such as Zinfandel
- 1 18.5-ounce bottle unsweetened iced tea, chilled
- ¼ cup cup sugar (see Tip)
- 2 (6 ounce) containers fresh blackberries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves
- 2 (7.5 ounce) cans blackberry sparkling water, such as Hint Fizz or plain sparkling water, chilled
- 1In a large saucepan combine the wine, tea, and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat just until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- 2In a large pitcher combine half the blackberries and the orange slices. Use a muddler or the handle of a spoon to coarsely mash the fruit. Add the wine mixture. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 3Serve wine mixture over ice, if desired, and garnish with remaining blackberries and mint leaves. Top each with about ½ cup sparkling water.
- Tip: Sugar substitute is not recommended.