- Ripe jalapeño peppers are smoke-dried and turned into chipotle peppers, and ten pounds of jalapeños are used to make one pound of chipotle.
- The most popular variety of chipotle is the deep red-colored or chipotle morita from Chihuahua.
- Other names of chipotle chilies are chile ahumado, tipico, and chile meco
- Chipotle is also called dried red jalapeños.
- Not all chipotles are considered alike as there are over hundred different varieties.
- It doesn’t lose a lot of heat after being smoke-dried.
- It is easily available in various forms like whole pods, adobo, ground, etc.
- Authentic chipotle is prepared in isolated smokehouses, but some manufacturers use gas driers to artificially smoke chipotle peppers.
|Chipotle Nutrition (per 100g)||Amount|
|Saturated Fat||0.81 g|
|Vitamin B6||0.81 mg|
|Vitamin C & E||3.14 mg|