- 2 cups raw cashews
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup warm water, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, plus more for garnish
- Pickled shallots for garnish
- 1Place cashews in a bowl and add warm water to cover by 1 inch. Let soak for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- 2Drain the cashews and transfer to a high-powered blender. Add oil, ¼ cup water, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and pepper. Process for 2 to 3 minutes, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. Add dill and capers; pulse 5 to 6 times to incorporate.
- 3Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Garnish with dill sprigs, capers and/or pickled shallots, if desired.
- To make ahead: Refrigerate spread for up to 2 days.