- 8 ounces unsalted mini pretzels (about 6 cups)
- 6 cups crispy corn and rice cereal
- 2 cups roasted and salted whole soy nuts
- ¾ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Lightly coat the inside of a 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 2Gently combine pretzels, cereal, soy nuts, and pumpkin seeds in the prepared slow cooker.
- 3Combine maple sugar and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir in cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves, and cayenne pepper.
- 4Drizzle the maple sugar mixture over the contents of the slow cooker. Gently toss the mixture to combine. Cook, uncovered, on High for 1½ hours, stirring from the bottom up every 30 minutes. Turn to Low and cook, uncovered, about 20 minutes more or until dry and crisp, stirring from the bottom up every 10 minutes.
- 5Spread the mixture on a large sheet of foil to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Tip: If using a sugar substitute, we recommend Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Nutrition Per Serving with Substitute: same as below except 1 g total sugar.
- Equipment: 6-quart oval slow cooker