- 1 medium watermelon (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups blueberries (1 pint)
- 2 cups blackberries (1 pint)
- 4 cups strawberries (1 quart)
- 2 cups raspberries (1 pint)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1Place watermelon lengthwise on a cutting board. Slice off a 2-inch chunk from one end of the watermelon and discard. Using the flat end as a base, stand the watermelon up.
- 2Starting at the tip, begin to cut the watermelon in half, stopping about two-thirds of the way down. (Don’t cut all the way to the cutting board.) Make a second cut, starting at one of the end points of the first cut, angling up and moving in a curved line toward the end point on the other side to create a large wedge. Remove the wedge, creating an open mouth for the “shark.” Reserve the wedge.
- 3Using a vegetable peeler, slice off 1-inch-wide pieces of watermelon skin along edges of the mouth. Discard the watermelon skin. Using a small paring knife, cut triangular incisions along the top and bottom edges of the mouth, forming teeth.
- 4Scoop out the inside of the watermelon, leaving 2 inches at the bottom, to form a bowl. Chop the scooped-out watermelon into chunks and reserve.
- 5Cut a half-rainbow shape from the reserved watermelon wedge. Skewer the half-rainbow into the back of the watermelon, rind-side up, forming a fin.
- 6Arrange blueberries and blackberries around the base of the watermelon. Fill the watermelon bowl with the reserved watermelon chunks, strawberries, raspberries and pineapple. Skewer blueberries on the sides of the watermelon to form eyes.