- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon spirulina powder (optional)
- 1⅓ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Blueberries (optional)
- 1Place flaxseed meal in a small bowl. Add water and stir well. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Place almond milk, avocado, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, salt and spirulina (if using) in a blender; puree until completely smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the flaxseed mixture.
- 3Whisk flour and baking powder in a medium bowl; fold into the avocado mixture.
- 4Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using a paper towel, spread a thin layer of canola oil in the pan. Use ¼ cup of batter for each pancake; gently spread into 3½-inch circles. Cook the pancakes until browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve with blueberries, if desired.