We subtracted the flour, dairy products and eggs from these healthy mini muffins, which are vegan and gluten-free. But we left in all the good stuff—like tons of juicy berries in every bite. Applesauce and brown sugar make these blender muffins moist and provide just the right amount of sweetness for breakfast or a snack.”
- 1½ cups rolled oats (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blueberries, cut in half if large
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2Pulse oats in a blender until finely ground. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt; pulse once or twice to combine. Add applesauce, brown sugar, oil, water, flaxmeal and vanilla; puree until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- 3Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.