This unique squash hybrid is smooth and silky like kabocha squash with the rich, sweet flavor of a butternut. Use it as a base for a grain bowl or slice into wedges and serve with a creamy yogurt sauce.”
- 1 Koginut squash (2¼ to 2½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush the cut sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, flesh-side down.
- 3Bake the squash until tender, 45 to 55 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.