Resist the temptation to turn the broccoli over while it roasts in this easy recipe. Leaving it cut-side down means you’ll get deliciously caramelized results.”
- 2 small broccoli crowns (about 8 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus ⅛ teaspoon, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Slice broccoli crowns in half. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet. Roast until the stems are tender and browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the roasted broccoli.