Cilantro and pumpkin seeds stand in for traditional pesto ingredients in this easy salad recipe. Look for peaches in July and August, when they are at their peak. Serve the salad along with grilled chicken or fish for a healthy dinner that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.”
- ⅓ cup unsalted pepitas (see Tip)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper ( ½ small pepper)
- 1 medium clove garlic, quartered
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ English cucumbers, thinly sliced (about 4½ cups)
- 3 fresh peaches, quartered and sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1Place pepitas in a food processor: pulse until coarsely chopped, about 10 pulses. Add cilantro, parsley, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, and salt; pulse until minced, about 20 pulses. With the processor running, stream in oil until just combined but still chunky.
- 2Gently toss cucumbers, peaches, and scallions in a large bowl with the pesto mixture and vinegar until combined.